124 replies
« Older Comments
    • Mike
      Mike says:

Sometimes it just takes some time to answer your question. To include hyperlinks in your email, just change the query.

$query = “Select fname as \”First Name\”, lname as \”Last Name\”,’Google‘ as URL from USER_TABLE”;

1. Julian Young
    Julian Young says:

Hey Mike! Wow I didn’t get time to research and reply but glad you resolved this and thanks so much for sharing :) Really good to know that!

• Julian Young
      Julian Young says:

Hi Drew, the site operates an automated electronic delivery system. I am not sure what went wrong in this case. I’ve dropped you a wee reply via paypal and refunded your order in full for the time being.

• Drew
        Drew says:

Thank you Julian, good to speak to you today, and thank you very much for your swift response. I have forwarded you the automated ticket response I received when mailing your support for your reference.

2. Andy
    Andy says:

Hi, Great script is it possiable to add today date in the subject?
    i have added
    $date = date(‘l d F Y’);
    $subject = ‘Porting Report for – $date’;

but in the email it does not display as the date?
    cheers

3. Julian Young
    Julian Young says:

Hi Andy,

That is weird regarding the date. I can’t immediately spot anything wrong with that code. Maybe try an alternative syntax and date to test such as…

$myDate = date(‘l’);
    $subject = ‘Porting Report for – ‘.$myDate;

//whereby I am just printing the day of the week and appending the date to the string.

in regards to appending to reports into a single email, you would do something like this.

//generate two reports with whatever data you want passed in
    $report1 = generateReport($query1, $header, $footer, $color);
    $report2 = generateReport($query2, $header, $footer, $color);

//join the two reports into one
    $finalReport = $report1.$report2;

//send the report!
    html_email($recipient1,$subject,$finalReport);

4. Mahsa
    Mahsa says:

Hey!
    The script seems interesting. I’d like to know if CRON is ready to be used, or do I have to figure it out myself?
    I don’t want to get stock with the CRON job, since this is the sole reason I’m considering purchasing the script.

Thanks!

5. Allison Smith
    Allison Smith says:

I have a column in the report I am generating that is a date. What is the best way to change your email reporter code to format the date in M d Y. I am new to mysql and php so I am not 100% positive how to accomplish this. Same would go for a time field.

Thank you.

Allison

• admin
      admin says:

Hi Allison,

The script deliberately does no formatting on data types, the reason being that I wanted it to be as open as possible and data formatting could open a can of worms. So the solution is to format the date in your SQL query.

Take a wee peek here -> http://www.w3schools.com/sql/func_date_format.asp

As an example, here is the query that comes pre-entered in the report.php, we’ll alter this to include a date.

$query = 'SELECT firstName AS "First Name", loginDate AS "Login Date" FROM userinfo ORDER BY loginDate DESC';

So we now want to format loginDate with d M Y, here’s how…

$query = 'SELECT firstName AS "First Name", DATE_FORMAT(loginDate,"%m/%d/%Y") AS "Login Date" FROM userinfo ORDER BY loginDate DESC';

Does that help? Careful with your speech marks inside the query. Let me know how you get on.

6. Suraj
    Suraj says:

Hello Julian,
    Would like to know whether there is any difference between commercial license and personal license.
    Thank you.

7. David
    David says:

Hi Julian,

Is it possible to receive via email only today records or weekly records etc according to date field?

Thank you!

• Julian Young
      Julian Young says:

Yes it is, in your mysql query you need to use a date comparison, for example, one might get only today’s posts from wordpress using

$query = ‘SELECT * FROM `wp_posts` WHERE DATE(post_date) = CURRENT_DATE order by id desc’;

Hope this helps!

8. Arjan
    Arjan says:

Hi Julian Young,

we are running on a PHP 5.6 and PHP 7 environment.
    Can you let me know if it is compliant/ compatible with that (PDO etc)

Thanks!

• Julian Young
      Julian Young says:

Hi Arjan,

Yes indeed! Version 4 will be made public at the end of the month assuming the current testing phase works out well. We have a small £4.99 upgrade fee for anyone that bought in the past year. Anyone that bought in the past six months will be upgraded for free. CSV / PDF attachments, PDO DB connections and plenty of other tweaks.

Best wishes,

Julian

« Older Comments

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!